Being in the kitchen experimenting with foods and planning our mealtimes is just something that makes me happy inside. I love to feel that I have done my best for us as a family, nourishing and satisifying all our needs.
One of the questions that i often get asked is – what do you have for breakfast?… Now, it seems that breakfast for many of us if quite a difficult meal to make – it needs to be tasty, quick, blood sugar balancing!
So, here is a quick recipe for Summer Berry Chia Porridge, how we have it at home.
Chia Porridge won’t be a new recipe to some of you. But this is the way that we like and it really is truly a nutrient packed start to the day…..
Ingredients: For 1 Serving
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 10 Tbsp Water (Or coconut milk if you would prefer)
- 10 Lge Goji Berries
- 15 Dried White Mulberries
- 5 Dried Goldenberries (aka Incan Berries)
Add all of the above into a bowl and stir well. Leave for 5 minutes and then stir well again. Make it easy on your self and prepare this bit before you go to bed – then its ready in the morning to add the late additions!
Late Additions are:
- Vanilla Powder, Cinnamon Powder or Raspberry powder stirred through,
Then comes the topping! Any or all of the following….
- Bee Pollen
- Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Chips
- Grated Fresh Turmeric
- Some chopped Fresh Fruit &/or Fresh Herbs
It’s as simple as that…. with plenty of warm lemon water and Chaga tea to start the day – this will keep us going til lunch.
Chia Seeds are a one of the most nutritious foods on the planet! In the Mayan language Chia means ‘Strength’ and they will definitely sustain your energy!
- A rich source of protein and will help to stabilise your blood sugar
- Packed full of the essential fatty acid Omega 3. This anti-inflammatory fat will help to calm down signs of inflammation in the digestive system as well as in muscles and joints and will help with signs of low mood.
- Rich is Calcium, Magesium& Manganese
- High in fiber, low in sugars
More breakfast recipes on there way to you soon….including our favorite gluten free bread recipe!