Good Fats, Bad Fats!
Managing our food choices through the year can be made easy with the right planning. But even with the best of planning, we often pack so much in to our day that all our good work can go out of the window!
We often lack time and spread ourselves too thinly which increases our stress levels as we try to keep family and friends happy. When this happens, we are likely to over indulge in all the ‘bad’ foods that we like so much….!
Healthy Fats are good for you!
To help you can combat stress, fatigue and boost your immune system try eating more natural fats. Why?
- Healthy fats reduce Inflammation – such as Omega 3 Oils from oily fish, nuts and seeds
- Consuming high quality fats can support healthy function of hormones including our stress hormone, Cortisol
- Healthy fats burn slowly in the body and enable you to feel fuller for longer
What type of healthy fats should you use?
- Natural nuts and seeds – unsalted, not roasted and preferable raw
- Wild caught oily fish – such as salmon, sardines etc
- Coconut oil, Butter and Butter Ghee
- Organic, unrefined, cold pressed oils – olive, sesame, walnut, avocado
- Eggs – free ranging and grass fed
- Grass fed meats – such as beef or chickens that are fed a natural diet not full of processed grain.
- High quality raw chocolate! It’s also a great source of magnesium for relaxation, full of anti-oxidants to boost your immune system and helps to lift your mood!
Try to avoiding processed oils like margarines & shortenings, vegetables fats such as rapeseed, sunflower and soya oils. These are full of inflammatory omega 6 and can have a detrimental affect on your body. I’ll write more on Omega 3 and 6 later in the week….
By supporting your body with healthy fats, you will also be avoiding added sugars that are added to ‘Low Fat’ foods…… how else would they make it to taste so good!? This recipe uses plenty of healthy fats and you get to enjoy a great cake! Chocolate brownies
Small changes can make a big difference to how you feel and ignite your spirit to do more! Please share this information with your friends and family members to spread the word…
** Recommend me to a friend!… if you think that food could be a medicine for someone you know – then get in touch!
Consultations don’t need to be in person – skype is just one of the methods I use to help people all around the world..