Protect Yourself and Boost your Immune System against Corona Virus
It’s all everyone is talking about – there is panic and pandamonium in some areas – where as others are quite calm about the whole thing…. Corona Virus, yes it’s in the media everywhere. But, please keep reading to see how you can boost your immune system!
What is different this time? Coronavirus is caused by one virus, the novel 2019 coronavirus, now called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2, or COVID-19.
Where as flu is caused by any of several different types and strains of influenza viruses.
Now, I’m not playing anything down, it’s spreading and The World Health Organization has officially declared it a pandemic.
BUT. It’s vital that we don’t allow fear to control our reaction to all of this. The word “pandemic” sounds scary, but it simply refers to a new disease that’s been reported globally.
What you aren’t hearing in the news is how you can help yourself with increasing foods, supplements and herbs to implement an anti-viral nutritional protocol at home! If you don’t get sick – you’ll feel better and stronger for it!
The truth is that your body knows how to protect you – but we do have to give it the tools to be able too! Yes it might be good to avoid busy shopping areas and we need to wash our hands regularly and not sneeze over each other…. but take control and make some powerful choices for your health….
When a virus attacks the body, your immune system will kick into action to fight it off. It’s a natural process – but if your body is compromised because you don’t eat well, or get enough sleep or are under a large amount of stress, then you are more likely to get sick.
Here are some of the things that we have been doing at home and a more detailed understanding of why some nutrients are essential. For further information, please join me for a LIVE WEBINAR to talk over more of these points. You can sign up here!
Easy additions for your daily protection!
- Drinking more hot fluids. Alongside things like ginger tea and other herbs like nettle – we also are adding licorice root, as it helps to soothe and protect the mucous membranes and also has anti viral properties.
- We have increased our intake of Highland Chaga Tea – this is a great anti-viral medicinal mushroom – useful for reducing signs of inflammation, but also has been shown viral infection such as HIV and Hepatitis C… It can also help stimulate important lymphocytes such as T cells and Interluekin 6. (We have just received fresh Scottish stock – click above to buy!)
- I’ve been making soups and stews with meat stocks, lots of fresh vegetables and adding raw garlic just before serving. Raw garlic means that you eat the Allicin, the active component which holds anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties!
- We’ve added more Immune Boost vitamin C Formula. Rather than once a day… maybe 3 times a day. All berry blend of the highest plant sources of vitamin C in the world along with other anti-oxidants to support your immune system. (Click the link above to see more information!)
- Increased greens! Kale, spinach, broccoli, rocket, watercress…. Green foods are some of the most nutrient dense on the planet! Stir-fried, added to soups or eat them raw… just get them in!
Maintaining a healthy immune system is vital for your well being and it allows us to guard against exposure to pathogens by mounting an appropriate immune response…
Here are a few of the basic, but essential supplements we’ve been using:
- Vitamin C – According to Andrew Saul, editor of Orthomolecular Medicine News Service (OMNS) on January 26, 2020, “the corona-virus pandemic can be dramatically slowed, or stopped, with the immediate widespread use of high doses of vitamin C. Doctors have demonstrated the powerful antiviral action of vitamin C for decades. There has been a lack of media coverage of this effective and successful approach against viruses in general, and corona-virus in particular.It is very important to maximise the body’s anti-oxidative capacity and natural immunity to prevent and minimise symptoms when a virus attacks the human body. The host environment is crucial. Preventing is obviously easier than treating severe illness.
But treat serious illness seriously. Do not hesitate to seek medical attention. It is not an either-or choice. Vitamin C can be used right along with medicines when they are indicated.”
“The basis for using high doses of vitamin C to prevent and combat virus-caused illness may be traced back to vitamin C’s early success against polio, first reported in the late 1940s. (Klenner FR, 1949). Many people are unaware, even surprised to learn this. Further clinical evidence built up over the decades, leading to an anti-virus protocol published in 1980. (Cathcart RF, 1980)In China, a study is under way to see if high doses of vitamin C can help fight off COVID-19. Scientists at the Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University are testing its effects on 120 patients who have the virus, giving them daily infusions of 24g of vitamin C for seven days. Results have not yet been published.
- Vitamin D – The studies clearly show that vitamin D is undoubtedly, a key pro-hormone/nutrient which affects the immune response and has been shown in multiple studies to possess or stimulate anti-viral properties. Assessing vitamin D status and maintaining optimal serum levels should be considered in all but particularly aging adults and children. Vitamin D supplementation to achieve normal levels along with micro-nutrients should be regarded as one of the essential factors which improve health overall and also supports our fight against infectious diseases.
- Vitamin A – A micro-nutrient that is crucial for maintaining vision, promoting growth and development, and protecting epithelium and mucus integrity in the body. It possesses anti-inflammatory effects because of its critical role in enhancing immune function. Vitamin A is involved in the development of the immune system and plays regulatory roles in cellular immune responses and humoral immune processes. It has demonstrated a therapeutic effect in the treatment of various infectious diseases.
- Zinc – Known to play a central role in the immune system, and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens. Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells mediating nonspecific immunity such as neutrophils and natural killer cells.Ensuring optimal zinc status with zinc supplementation is one contributory factor to strengthening immunity vs viral infections.
- Selenium – This trace mineral possesses anti-viral activity. A lack of selenium increases vulnerability to infection from viruses as has been shown by studies across the world in the past decades from Cuba to China.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii – This probiotic yeast supports secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA), the major immunoglobulin of the innate immune system which protects against infectious agents. It has been very well studied and is one of the most well researched probiotic organisms on earth.
I would LOVE for you to join me on my first live Webinar next week with some more detailed information!
I will include more about certain foods and their important nutrients and medicinal mushrooms. I will also add amounts for supplementation, for those of you who aren’t sure how much you can take, as well as other nutrients that I haven’t included above!
Looking forward to seeing you then! Sign up HERE to be the first to know!
In the mean time – stay well, eat well and get plenty of sleep!