Is Your Blood Sugar in Balance??
Did you know that 1 in 3 adults in the UK are prediabetic?
These numbers are rising throughout Europe too… Even with the healthy Mediterranean lifestyle, sugar and refined carbohydrates are rife in our diets.
Sugar is the seed of so many health epidemics in our society because it impacts so many bodily functions. That’s why it’s so important to recognize signs you have a blood sugar imbalance.
The primary problem with high blood sugar is suppressed immunity. Sugar increases inflammation in the body, which suppresses your immune function. This puts you at higher risk for contracting illnesses and likewise slows your body’s ability to heal… if you only consider this when alongside the effects of Flu on the population.
Excess sugar consumption is also linked to such conditions as hyperactivity, ADHD, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and hormonal imbalance, among others.
When your blood sugar is too high your body will start showing the signs very quickly.
Here are 5 Signs your Blood Sugar is Imbalanced:
- Inflammation. Sugar is a great contributor to inflammation in the body. If your blood sugar is too high, you may start to notice puffiness, skin problems (like dry, itchy skin), and even increased food sensitivities. You’ll also probably feel sluggish, low-mood, and even anxious as a result.
- Fatigue. If you find yourself frequently feeling fatigued, that’s a sign your blood sugar might be too high. Blood sugar balance is all about insulin regulation, and too much sugar increases insulin resistance, which affects your body’s ability to maintain energy.
- Digestive issues. High blood sugar can actually cause damage to the vagus nerve, which will slow the movement of food through your digestive tract. This can lead to constipation, cramping, acid reflux, and bacterial imbalances like SIBO.
- Increased cravings and overeating. When your blood sugar isn’t balanced, your body struggles to properly convert the food you’re eating into energy. This leads to feeling hungry even right after you’ve eaten, which will drive you to overeat and crave snacks more often.
- Difficulty losing weight. Excess sugar gets stored as fat in the cells, tissues, and even around the organs, making weight loss difficult. If you’ve been struggling to lose weight, your blood sugar may be chronically high.
Does any of this sound familiar?
If so, it’s probably time to take a look at your blood sugar and consider making supported changes to your diet.
Going to the doctor and getting your fasting blood sugar tested is a great place to start. There are also great at-home kits that test blood glucose levels and make it easy to monitor blood sugar levels yourself. This allows you to get a broader picture of your actual levels on a daily basis.
But once you know where you stand, how do you start making improvements?
I know that reducing sugar is one of the hardest things to do. The struggle is very real for many people – even those skinny people!
I would say it is probably one of the biggest issues with most of my clients!
Giving up sugar isn’t just a matter of willpower. Did you know that sugar is eight times as addictive as cocaine?
It’s no wonder so many people struggle to give it up.
Plus sugar is hidden in so many foods such as low-fat foods, condiments, sauces- and as we get older, it is often foods like wine, beer, bread, and pasta that become much more problematic…
The NutriClean program helps you to crowd out sugary foods with whole foods like leafy greens, fruits, healthy fats, and protein. The more nutrient-dense your diet becomes, the less you’re likely to crave all of those excess sugary treats.
NutriClean 14 Day Online Program is coming and I’d love to have you there – Click the link to learn more…
I really want to help you beat your cravings and start building new, healthier habits around food. You’re not alone in this – thousands of people are suffering and there is a simple answer available to help!
Learn more about how you can help yourself, by investing in your health!